Welcome to the Faculty of Humanities Anchor University, Lagos in particular. It is a great privilege for you to be offered admission into this great citadel of learning and I sincerely urge you to take maximum advantage of this unique opportunity.
The Faculty of Humanities started operations on the 1st of February 2017.The Federal government of Nigeria has admitted that without higher education, the vision 20-2020 will be a mirage. The faculty, just like the university, is fully persuaded that the light of knowledge illuminates the mind, liberates the man and upgrades human qualities, faculties and professional skills that result in discernible impact on all areas of human endeavours. The Faculty is poised for awarding undergraduate degrees in Humanities and preparing students in Digital Humanities.
- Brief History till Date
The Faculty of Humanities is one of the three pioneer Faculties in Anchor University, Lagos, after accreditation by the NUC in November 2016. The faculty currently offers undergraduate degree programmes in the following fields:
- B.A. (Hons.) Christian Religious Studies
- B.A. (Hons.) English and Literary Studies
- B.A. (Hons.) History and Diplomatic Studies
- B.A. (Hons) French
- Staff Distribution for the Faculty
The faculty started with a staff strength of five (5): three (3) academic staff and two (2) administrative staff). The number has risen to twelve (12) academic staff and two (2) administrative staff.
- Achievements So Far
- Full accreditation of all the programmes in the Faculty;
- The academic staff of the faculty have attended several conferences, workshops and seminars within and outside Nigeria.
- To provide a teaching and learning environment necessary for high imaginative thinking, academic engagements and development of innovations with an orientation that encourages learning even outside the normal classroom setting, through the exchange of philosophies and experiences with other members of the campus community;
- Ensure high quality of teaching and scholarship and foster ethical academic research that leads to development of human knowledge and the advancement of the institution as well as proffer solution to national and international problems;
- To be a faculty that cannot be substituted in the area ofcreative and critical thinking, information literacy, research skills as well as digital humanities;
- To produce graduates that are better prepared to lead and to be productive members of today’s collaborative workforce;
- To promote academic excellence through cutting-edge teaching, research and community service with strong international linkages which will enhance acquisition of practical skills in communication, technology, arts and sciences;
BASIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- The five ‘O’ Level credits to include English Language, Mathematics and any other three relevantArts subjects.